Bienvenido! Entrar Crear un nuevo perfil

Avanzado

minutes at a moderate heart-rate range.

Enviado por chanah 
minutes at a moderate heart-rate range.
05-July-2016 10:51
锘? The other day I was thinking about my body and wondering where I went wrong. How could I have have gotten so out of shape Mariano Andujar Jersey , so off my diet, so neglectful of this beautiful physical expression of myself without even noticing the downward slide into that inglorious realm of existence that s come to be known as being a couch potato?

Couch potato. The term itself conjures up images of some dim, vegetative consciousness happily ensconced in its living room watching TV and self fertilizing with buttered popcorn and beer. Where did I pick up that identity? My father was a workaholic and anything but a couch potato. I would have classified him as more of a healthy ear of corn: fast growing with golden tassels blowing in the wind. My mother was an energetic woman who filled her life with friends, family, and strangers. Perhaps a cross between a sweet baking apple and a juicy pear. Both were always on the go. Both raised their children to be even more active copies of themselves and we were anything but couch potatoes in our pursuit of life.

It would appear that the roots of my couch potatohood lay buried somewhere in the dark recesses of my consciousness. It would take extreme effort on my part, but I promised myself that I would put down the popcorn and beer, launch myself off the sofa, and track this conundrum down come hell or high water. With various, rather loud bodily processes that signaled the start of unaccustomed movement, my frozen joints creaked into action and I was off and running . . . well, at least ambling . . . towards my goal.

The first stop was my office library. The couch potato in me rejoiced at the fact that Marcos Rojo Jersey , being a work at home writer, I didn t have to go far to begin my research. The Great Caloric Burn off I felt so compelled to initiate did not have to begin just yet. It would come after stoking my brain with the mental framework it needed to gain some perspective on the current sad state of affairs. I was now in search of sustenance for my mind, the kind of mental nourishment I needed to meet this challenge. With the practiced eye and taste buds of a gourmand, I surveyed my choices. The menu was eclectic and full of promise. I could feel my synapses begin to salivate in anticipation.

That s more like it! slurp slurp . . . Not quite a chunky empirical bowl of pure science. Not quite a spicy cioppino of the emotions. This gazpacho was fresh and to the point: we can consciously override our programmed behaviors by exercising our free will. Nice. And worth holding on the back of my tongue as I savored my mind meal further.

I decided to begin with a light first course, an appetizer of verse in a poem by Pete Graf called Anatomy Lesson:

Fingers like poking and picking your nose
And prodding and probing and taking off clothes.
Legs are for walking and kicking and cramps;
Tongues are for talking and licking of stamps.
Arteries boost all the blood to your brain,
But basically backwards, it s all done in vein.
Gonads are great, though not for us all;
But if you are a man, then you ll have a ball.

Drink too much booze and your liver explodes;
Snort too much coke, you ll be blowing your nodes
Adenoids are an enlarged mass of tissue,
Subtract a noid and you ll have less of the issue.
You can sit on a Flag pole Lucas Biglia Jersey , but not at half mast;
You ll be split in two places and rendered half assed.

Yes. munch munch . . . This had everything I was craving to begin with: a little zest, a bit of irreverence, and a certain freshness all wrapped in a light, crunchy explosion of sensory titillation. I could feel my palate respond to this stimulus and knew that I was in for more savory delights as I continued my explorations.

Soon enough, the first course was over and it was time to choose the second one. Sensing that it was time to shift gears slightly, I considered the various jacketed soups filling the shelves in my office library. Which one to choose? Shall it be a creamy, full bodied, chunky, empirical bowl of science chowder? Or a thin but tasty, artfully prepared bouillabaisse of the spirit? Perhaps a hearty burgoo stew or a rich crab pot of the body to provide the necessary physical energy needed to do the heavy lifting necessary to uncover the origins of my potatohood. Such choices are never easy, but in the end Lionel Messi Jersey , I opted for a gazpacho of new biological thinking called The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles by Bruce Lipton, PhD.

Endowed with the ability to be self reflective, the self conscious mind is extremely powerful. It can observe any programmed behavior we are engaged in, evaluate the behavior and consciously decide to change the program. We can actively choose how to respond to most environmental signals and whether we even want to respond at all. The conscious mind s capacity to override the subconscious mind s preprogrammed behaviors is the foundation of free will.

That s more like it! slurp slurp . . . Not quite a chunky empirical bowl of pure science. Not quite a spicy cioppino of the emotions. This gazpacho was fresh and to the point: we can consciously override our programmed behaviors by exercising our free will. Nice. And worth holding on the back of my tongue as I savored my mind meal further.

In anticipation of the third course, I decided it was time for a brief visit to my garden to pick some fresh herbs for my salad. I suddenly realized that the shift from a mental seven course meal with written works on the menu to a simple gathering of sustenance for the physical body was unexpected but not unnatural. My seven course meal may have been contrived completely in my head, but my body s need for real food became apparent nonetheless. So where was the artificial distincti锘? A successful marketing plan relie.
Autor:

Su dirección de correo:

Asunto:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Mensaje: